The Relationship Help Doctor, Rhoberta Shaler, PhD, provides urgent and ongoing care for relationships in crisis. Even the United States Marines have called on her for help!
As a relationship consultant, mediator, and speaker, Dr. Shaler particularly helps the partners, exes, adult children and co-workers of the relentlessly difficult, toxic people she calls “Hijackals®” save their sanity and stop the crazy-making. She defines Hijackals as “people who hijack relationships–for their own purposes–while relentlessly scavenging them for power, status, and control.”
Rhoberta offers the insights, strategies, and support you need to reclaim hope, confidence–and your sanity–when dealing with the constant uncertainty and jaw-dropping behaviors of Hijackals in your life, at home and at work. The author of sixteen books, including her new Hijackal ebook series, Escaping the Hijackal Trap: The Definitive Guide to Dealing with Relentlessly Difficult People,
Dr. Shaler is the host of the Save Your Sanity: Help for Toxic Relationships podcast, reaching 80 countries with more than 350K downloads. Her YouTube channel, For Relationship Help, has more than 500 videos that have been watched for more than 40K hours.
Her book, Kaizen For Couples: Smart Steps to Save, Sustain and Strengthen Your Relationship, is the summary of a lifetime of insights developed from working with real people confronting the real life challenges of living and loving together. It offers workable solutions to twenty-first century relationship issues and a new proven model for living the loving relationship you most want.
Dr. Shaler has released two ebooks in her Hijackal series including Escaping the Hijackal Trap: The Definitive Guide to Dealing with Relentlessly Difficult People.
Dr. Shaler’s work has been featured on FoxNews, PsychCentral, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, The Good Men Project, eHarmony, Care2, Greatist, Pulse, and The Needs, among many others. Her YouTube channel, ForRelationshipHelp, is an evergreen source of practical insights and tips for relationships.
Do you have a crazy-making, difficult, toxic person in your life?
Yes, that one you just thought of!
I call them Hijackals®.
Whether that’s your partner, parent, or any person who causes you to second-guess yourself and question your sanity, you need validation, insights, and strategies to handle the crazy-making.
I would love to share my empowering approach with your audience.
They may be unaware of what it is that is keeping them hurting, stuck, and unhappy. I’ll help them recognize the traits, patterns, and cycles of Hijackals, and get them quickly started on the road to recovering, to going from pain-filled to powerful.
Can we schedule a time to talk to empower your audience with this message soon?
TOPIC: Freeing Yourself From Crazy-Making Relationships
BOOK: Escaping The Hijackal® Trap: Your Definitive Guide to Dealing with Chronically Difficult People
1. When things go sideways in a relationship, they can range from annoying to downright crazy-making. When do I know I need help?
2. You make a distinction between difficult people and relentlessly difficult people. What’s the difference?
3. You created the term, Hijackals®, for these difficult, toxic people. How do you define “Hijackals?”
4. Listeners can get a free copy of “How to Spot a Hijackal” at Hijackals.com What are the top few ways you can know if you’re with one, or related to one?
5. What’s the first thing a person needs to do if they recognize they are with a Hijackal?
6. Is it always necessary–or a good idea–to leave a Hijackal?
7. What is it that makes you attractive to Hijackals?
8. How can you stop this pattern of interaction? What does it take?
9. What are the best next steps if someone listening has just realized Hijackal patterns in their relationship and they want to stop the crazy-making?
10.How can listeners learn more about you and your work?
Some great ones for you here: https://www.forrelationshiphelp.com/work-with-rhoberta-shaler/radio-interviews-media-press
I have excellent equipment as I do much video and audio recording. I prefer Zoom and Streamyard for platform stability. tform.
You can use this direct scheduling link to choose a time to interview Dr. Shaler:
It was through your listing here that I discovered you and then booked you as a guest on Reinvention Radio. You were a great guest and shared awesome content around a subject that everyone needs to hear–Hijackals! I’m sure there is one in everyone’s life, they just don’t know what to call them.
- You must login to post comments